i'm a computer person
i write code and do stuff on the internet
i grew up in the upper peninsula of michigan, received a bachelor's in computer science from northern michigan university, and now work professionally as a software developer in traverse city, michigan.
i like building software and community through code and sysadmin tools. my current day job involves writing c# for desktop applications. my primary hobby project is tilde.team, a non-commercial public access unix system focused on teaching, learning, and building community.
some fun facts about me:
- i'm left handed
- i love to travel and have lived in ecuador and switzerland
- i tend to avoid uppercase letters if i can help it
what i've been up to
- living in traverse city, mi
- working at hagerty as a software developer
- honing my c# skills
- thinking of cool ideas for tilde.team
probablydefinitely spending too much time on irc??? tilde-irc
- running stuff for the tildeverse
- learning about and using xmpp and hosting some xmpp servers.
- doing my best to stay safe and sane during a pandemic
updated december 14, 2020
besides tilde.team, i'm also involved in several other projects, including:
the best way to get ahold of me is irc (if i'm not around, i'll see it soon™). i'm
on freenode and
i'm also on xmpp as email@example.com. feel free to drop me a line there if irc is too tricky!
if you don't have an xmpp account, you can register one on my server. there's even a web chat!
i have too many email addresses (eg
*@bhh.sh), but i mainly use firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
if you use gpg, make sure to use my tilde.team address. here's my pubkey.
i'm on twitter and mastodon, but i try not to check them all that much.
if you're curious, here's my resume.